TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Check according to turbine model and code – if complies with Your car.
- Check and clean the engine intake and exhaust systems, pipelines and cooler (intercooler). They must be clean and free of oil, gasket residues, dust, scale, soot or foreign objects (nuts, metal particles, rags etc.)
- Check and clean engine crankcase ventilation system. In the engine crankcase, during operation, pressure should not be created.
- Thoroughly clean or wash the oil supply and return pipes to remove gasket residues. Foreign objects or dirt in supply pipe can immediately damage the turbocharger.
- Change oil and air filters according to engine manufacturer instructions, diesel engine oil minimum class must be API CD.
- Check that the turbocharger oil supply and drain holes are
- clean, sealing surfaces are not damaged and under the pressure will not leak.
- Attach turbocharger to the exhaust manifold flange, paying attention to the tightness of the connection. Ceramic and silicone sealing compound is prohibited.
- Check the exhaust system and muffler in order to not overload turbocharger due to occlusion, unopened valves, crumpled pipes and other permeability reducing reasons.
- Connect the exhaust pipe to the turbine exhaust hole. Check coupling tightness and reliability.
- Check exhaust system for leaks, pipes, fasteners, flanges fastening.
- Pour clean engine oil to the turbocharger oil supply hole and turn the roller by hand until the oil starts to flow from the drain hole.
- Connect air intake and drainage pipes, tighten screws. Check coupling tightness and reliability.
- Connect the oil supply pipe to the turbocharger and check whether the connection is
clean, of high-quality and reliable.
- Do not use liquid substances (silicones, sealants, etc.), which may enter the turbocharger
lubrication channels, as well as rubber gaskets.
- Turn the engine starter, not allowing it to start until the engine oil will begin to
flow from the turbocharger drain hole.
- Ensure the oil drain pipe permeability (must be clean, not folded, inner diameter of min
12 mm - for cars and min 18 mm - for freight cars). Connect the drain pipe, ensure the security and tightness of couplings.
- Check whether the engine supply and the ignition systems are properly adjusted.
Start the engine idling. Check the oil pressure at the inlet of the turbocharger. Operating mode 2 ... 5 bars, idling at least 1.5 bar. Increase the speed and check for oil, air, gas, cooler leaks. Check whether the pipes and joints deform during operation. Before turning off the engine allow it to operate 1 minute idle.
- While operating comply with following rules:
- Changing the oil filter must be filled with fresh oil.
- Do not use flushing oil or additive and do not flush the engine. If the engine is very dirty, once again change the oil and filter after distance of 500-1000 km.
- Start the engine only idle (without pressing the accelerator). Do not increase the speed and do not load engine for 20-30 seconds.
- Before turning out the hot engine, allow to operate 1-2 minutes in idle mode to cool turbocharger.
- If the engine has just been renovated, after covering the distance of the first 200-250 km it is necessary to change the oil filter.