Depending on product weight, value and destination we use a mix of shipping methods in order to try and offer a good mix of choice, value and speed. We offer the methods we feel are the best per product.
See the product advert for specific options for that product.
See below for descriptions of the delivery types you will find for our products.
The standard delivery offered inside the UK is free. For overseas delivery we take the UK free value into account and reduce the postal charge to make things as fair as possible.
We will combine multiple item purchases. Please ask us to do this is the ebay system does not do it for you.
Very important - Please be sure to provide a safe and trusted delivery address where someone is likely to be in to take postal deliveries. Items returned as not possible to deliver or not called for can be resent but postage will be charged again or, if refund made, will not include postage paid. Once an order has been signed for it is very difficult and time consuming for all to claim non delivery so please make sure your address is correct and accessible - or use Click and Collect where offered.
How do I check my order status?
eBay will send you status updates and an item dispatched email. The information is also in your "My eBay" account purchases section.
How to Track your parcel
Items sent by tracked or signature on delivery mail will have a tracking or receipt code by them.
Note that UK Royal Mail 2nd and 1st class sign for mail number is not a tracking code, just proof of delivery or attempted delivery. This is useful if they miss you when you are out as it will tell you that it can be picked up at your local post office.
Royal Mail - sign for, Special Delivery and International Sign for track at https://www3.royalmail.com/track-your-item
DPD courier (Other 24-hour courier) track at https://www.dpd.co.uk
Standard 2nd class and Airmail Small Packets items do not have tracking. All items that offer these non-tracked delivery choices also have a sign for or tracked option of some sort. Please choose that option if you want tracking.
The eBay delivery times at time of order are postal company ESTIMATES based on average delivery time targets. Postal companies are third-party operators and we have NO CONTROL over their service levels.
As such there can be occasions when delivery is delayed either due to their human handling error or events beyond control such as traffic, weather or industrial events.
International orders can also be delayed at airport of entry due to customs clearance backlogs, some destinations are especially bad for this.
On the rare occasions that delays occur, we cannot be held responsible for the late delivery of an item. For the avoidance of doubt, we do refund any delivery charge if the postal company has failed to deliver the item(s) on the anticipated delivery date.
In the very rare event an item is not delivered within the postal company maximum time, normally 30 days, then that item can be refunded or resent.
Depending on product type, size, weight the following options may be offered for UK domestic delivery.
Royal Mail 2nd class post standard or 2nd and 1st signed for.
- 2nd standard is the budget option. It is NOT insured and missing items CANNOT be sent again or refunded.
- In most cases delivery is 1-2 days from dispatch for 1st and 2-5 for 2nd. However - these are Royal Mail targets they are NOT time guaranteed - The date ebay publish is only based on these targets not any sort of guarantee!
- Signed for options are sign for on delivery and insured against loss or theft
- Non delivered Signed for items may be resent after 15 working days in the event of non delivery. No earlier - no exceptions. Working days in Royal Mail terms and Monday-Friday.
- Choose DPD for tracked and date definite delivery.
Royal Mail 48 Tracked Parcels 2-3 day
- Sign for on delivery and tracked at 3 locations (sorting office, local delivery office and delivery point) Delivery is Monday-Saturday 1-3 days from date of dispatch.
- Covers whole of UK including Northern Ireland and Isles.
- May be resent after 30 working days in the event of non delivery. No earlier - no exeptions. Working days in Royal Mail terms and Monday-Friday.
- Choose a next day service for date definite delivery.
Next Day Courier services - Saturday Delivery only by prior arrangement
- For UK mainland excluding Highlands we use DPD for most items and Royal mail Special Delivery for light items.
- All next day services are sign for on delivery, insured for loss or damage and trackable online.
- Due to very high DPD price, for UK highlands (incl PH postcodes), islands and Northern Ireland we will use Royal Mail Special Delivery. These will be 2 day services NOT next day. If you live in these areas need need next day please contact us quickly.
- After order cut off time on Thursday at midday (orders sent Friday) next day delivery will be the next working week day - Monday. Saturday delivery can be arranged but costs extra. Contact us to arrange this.
Royal Mail Airmail Small packets - Available on some cheaper and/or low risk of theft products for areas with reliable postal delivery. If offered only choose this is you are happy to take a small risk of it not being covered in the case of non-delivery. It is NOT insured and missing items CANNOT be sent again or refunded.
Royal Mail signed for insured airmail Insured with a degree of tracking. In the UK Royal mail handle until the point of departure at the airport. After transport to your country it is passed to your national postal service for final delivery to you or your local collection point.
Tracking is at least until entry to your country. Not all areas integrate with Royal Mail tracking so it may not be possible to location track once it arrives in your area. For a lost of countries where full tracking is available see https://www.royalmail.com/delivery/delivery-options-international/international-signed If it is lost or does not arrive then can be resent or refunded after 1 month.
Express Couriers e.g., DPD/TNT/UPS/FedEx
In cases where the order is over 2kg weight we cannot send by Royal Mail. Instead we will arrange a courier. the cost of this is generally very good but exact cost depends on product mix size as well as weight so we cannot list precise prices. If your order needs this type of shipping we will give you the price before payment and you can decide if it is OK or not.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you are allowed to import the product you are buying. Products returned for reason of them not being allowed for import will not have postage refunded. Products lost for this reason will not be refunded as postal insurance refuses to cover non delivery for reason of import law restrictions. If in doubt, call your national customs service.
Rifle scopes 10x or more magnification - Outside UK Export Shipping Regulations - If outside UK please read
All scopes of 10x or more maximum magnification are defined as "Military product" (ECO - Export Control Organisation UK Military List section ML1d) and are subject to export control when being sent outside the United Kingdom.
Scope exports are actually a very easy process so please do not be put off by any of this, we do nearly all the work for you.
Type 1 - Scopes 10x or more - Fast Track Open Export License - no shipping delay
For customers in the EU and Australia, Canada, Chile, Falklands, Faroes, Greenland, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Japan, Macedonia, Malaysia, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa and Switzerland, USA the export process is quick and easy.
After your order we email you a simple 1 page paper for your signature.
You sign it, and email or post back and we can ship right away.
Other areas we can still ship to but there will be a delay = Type 2.
Type 2 - Export Permit - 2-4 week shipping delay
For bipods to any country and scopes 10x or more if you do not live in one of the countries listed above then - with the exception of EU and UN arms sanctions destinations - we can still ship to you if your country allows the import of rifle scopes.
Please check if unsure.
However there will be a 2-4 week shipping delay while we obtain the necessary export permit.
Type 2 Process -
We email you an export paper after you buy. You print it. Sign it. Email to us.
We apply for permit, Permits take 2-4 weeks to be approved. Once approved we ship.
We cannot ship type 2 orders before export permit approval so if this is not acceptable please do not buy.
UK export law and rifle scopes explained
For those of you sitting there saying this is crazy, a scope is not a weapon why do I have to do all this? There are other sellers in the UK who don't ask this etc the answer is:
Scopes of 10x or more magnification are defined as "Military List" products and are subject to export controls before they can be sent outside the UK.
1) If you find a UK sellers who does not follow these procedure are breaking the law. The problem is that this law is not well known and some sellers break it without knowing they are doing so. We are a member of the UK Gun Traders Association and know we are 100% correct.
If you can find somewhere else in the UK or USA (they have similar rules in the USA) who will sell to you without export process then be aware that if UK or USA customs intercept it they will confiscate it and the seller will receive, at best, a warning and phone call from customs for the first offence. You will not get your product.
2. See this UK government site (opens in new window) section ML1d - note here that scopes of 10x or more maximum magnification are listed as export controlled. This is still true for any exporter who does not hold the correct Open General Export License (OGEL) - and we do hold this OGEL.