About Cavalier Matters
Cavalier Matters charity was created to raise awareness of genetic health diseases and provide information to pet owners. Many Cavalier owners struggle with health issues these dogs present.
Money raised is donated to help research into the health schemes for the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels; Cavalier rescue and welfare; and campaigning for the reform of dog breeding.
Our five main aims
- To support other Cavalier owners by providing easy to understand information about Cavalier health issues and tips about how to look after an affected dog.
- Raising awareness of Cavalier hereditary health diseases among the general public and encouraging them to only buy a puppy from a breeder that has carried out all the necessary health checks on the bitch and stud dog.
- Campaigning to improve the health of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. For example, campaigning against irresponsible breeding and puppy farms. Campaigning for the reform of dog breeding in the UK through our political contacts and by working with other welfare organisations.
- Funding research into Cavalier health, for example, and The Cavalier Collection Scheme www.thecavaliercollectionscheme.org and the Rupert's Fund project www.rupertsfund.co.uk
- Providing funds for Official Rescue and Welfare Organisations.