Reporting problems and giving feedback
It would be a strange world if no-one ever made a mistake, and internet shopping is no exception. We acknowledge that we are not perfect, and we also accept that our customers can sometimes 'get it wrong'. Fortunately mistakes on either side are very rare, but they do happen, and we pride ourselves on our record for resolving problems speedily and courteously.
Our returns policy is significantly more generous than the legal minimum:
We allow you 30 days in which to 'change your mind', so long as you are able to return the item in perfect condition and in its original packaging. In these circumstances we give a full refund, but we do not pay for the return postage.
- For returns where we have sent something that is 'significantly not as described' or damaged you also have 30 days from delivery to make your claim, and we will reimburse the cost of the return postage in these cases.
Despite these generous timescales, we do recommend that when you realise there has been a mistake made on your order you please contact us straight away, either by eBay message or by phone (0333 335
Wrong items ordered
- If we haven't already posted your order and the price is the same we will make changes you require and update our stock manually.
- If the price is different we will set up a cancellation which will result in a refund as soon as you accept it. You can then place the correct order which we will process as quickly as possible.
- If your order has already been posted, please return it as soon as it arrives, and let us know that it is on its way. We will set up a cancellation as soon as we receive the returned package. It will be up to you to decided whether to wait for the refund or to place your correct order straight away.
Wrong address on order
We can only send goods to the address you have registered on eBay and PayPal, so if you have placed an order before updating this information we will need to cancel the order and give you a refund.
- If you contact us before we post the order we will set up the cancellation straight away, and you will be able to re-order as soon as you have made the changes. Don't forget you will have to accept the cancellation before you receive the refund.
- If we have already posted the item you will need to arrange for it to be sent back to us before we can set up the cancellation - it might be quicker to arrange for the occupants at your old address to send them on to you.
Wrong items received, or items damaged / not as described
If this happens, please message us straight away, including a photograph of what you did receive.
- If the problem is clear from the photograph we will send a refund or replacment straight away. If we decide we want the item(s) returned we will also re-imburse you for your return postage.
- If we are unable to confirm the problem from the photograph, we will ask you to return the item, again, this will be at our expense. If you require a refund, message us with a scanned /photographed copy of your proof of postage and we will process it straight away. For a replacement we may want to wait until we receive the returned item, to ensure that we don't repeat the original mistake.
Item not received
International customers and UK customers who selected guaranteed next day delivery will have received a tracking number when their purchase was despatched. If your package is late, please check the relevant website before contacting us. If the tracking details show that it has been delivered there is nothing we can do, and you will need to contact your local office of the courier to find out what happened.
We will process refunds for items not received in accordance with the time-scales imposed by Royal Mail for us to make claims:
- For standard domestic mail (1st and 2nd class, 15 working days after the due delivery date
- For Guaranteed next day delivery (UK), 1 working day after the due delivery date
- For deliveries to Europe, 20 working days after the due delivery date.
- For deliveries to the rest of the world, 25 working days after the due delivery date.
You are not obliged to leave feedback, although eBay encourages it, and it is considered to be the foundation of the website's spectacular success as an online trading community.
We use feedback to buyers as our standard acknowledgement and confirmation of our despatch date.
Feedback from buyers gives us confirmation that the goods have been received, and it helps replace some of that personal element that is missing in an online transaction.
We welcome all of your comments, but ask that if you are being critical you do so having already communicated with us over your problem, and with reference to the way in which we endeavoured to resolve it.
From 15th February 2016 buyers from EU countries outside the UK may use the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution Service to resolve issues not satisfactorily dealt with by our standard service - see http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/